24 Mar Initial DOL Guidance on Families First Coronavirus Response
The Dept. of Labor just released a Frequently Asked Questions document on the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. Attached are 3 documents:
1) DOL FAQ and link is: www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-questions
2) DOL Fact Sheet for Employers and link is: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-employer-paid-leave
3) DOL Fact Sheet for Employees and link is: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-employee-paid-leave
- Significantly, in the FAQ DOL indicates the effective date for the Families First Coronavirus Response Act is APRIL 1, 2020, and apply to leave taken between April 1, 2020, and December 31, 2020.
- For the exemption for business with fewer than 50 employees when providing the leave under the act would jeopardize the viability of the business, DOL advises that for now employers should document why they believe this to be the case. DOL then indicates that more detail will be forthcoming in regulations.